The VFX we plan to include are:
-Dolly Zoom in the casino scene hen the main character loses his hand at poker
-Greenscreen to create a time lapse background behind the subject at the poker table.
Lighting effects:
-Harsh light for interigation
-club style lighting for club scene
We have had a chat about locations for the film
-casino, ext/int
-club
-house/hallway
-alley way/gutter
-interrogation room
We plan to film the interrogation scene in the prof. studio in Harmer, and have talked about using 'A-Pod' at the students union for the casino/club scenes, which is bookable and has a club lighting system in place, the union building also owns a number of poker tables.
We plan to do an official location scout this week to assess suitability.
Script
SCENE ONE
INT: Interrogation Room
The room is in complete darkness, we can hear rustling.
The light comes on, A man is sitting under a spot light,
tied to a chair. The light shows that the room is small
and claustraphobic, with cold black walls.
The man appears to be clean and well dressed, white shirt
with jeans. Well groomed and looks refreshed.
BILLY
(Shouting)
HELLO!?
He attempts to free himself by wriggling vigorously, his
hands are tied to the chair with cable.
BILLY
(Shouting)
HELLO!? CAN ANYONE HEAR ME!?
Billy looks around to see where he is, to see if he
recognizes his surroundings, There’s silence
The sound of a door opening and slamming is heard very
nearby
Billy looks up in surprise
BILLY
Hello?
Pause
...Who’s there? Where am I?
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
We’ll get to that later
BILLY
How did I get here?
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
Tell me what you remember
BILLY
I remember going out with my
friends
SCENE TWO - FLASHBACK
EXT: Street - night
(CONTINUED)
CONTINUED: 2.
A group of 5/6 guys are walking down the street carrying
crates of beer, they knock on the door of a terraced
house. Billy answers the door and lets the guys in. As
they walk through the door they all cheer and chant.
INT: Hall way
The guys enter the house, as the last friend enters he
knocks over an ornament, it smashes on the floor.
FRIEND 1
Ah mate, really sorry
BILLY
Don’t worry about it, never liked
it anyway
the friend follows the rest of the group into the living
room, Billy leans down to pick up the broken ornament, as
he stands up and turns around his girlfriend is standing
right in front of him.
BILLY
Aw babe, I’m sorry. it was an
accident
He holds up the broken chards
RUBY
(Sarcastic)
It’s okay, It’s not as if YOU
liked it anyway.
Pause
RUBY
(Serious)
But I expected you to know how
important it was to me.
Billy looks guilty
BILLY
I’m sorry Rubes, it wont happen
again
the sound of something smashing in the next room is heard,
followed by cheering.
Ruby glares at Billy
RUBY
I thought myself clear about
tonight
(CONTINUED)
CONTINUED: 3.
BILLY
Ruby, please. It’s just a few of
the guys and a few drinks
RUBY
A few!? there’s 6 of them in
there! We’re not all students
anymore, I think it’s time you
grow up a bit and learn to...
Billy’s mates burst out of the living room, cheering and
shouting. They push Ruby to one side, pick up billy and
carry him back into the living room.
SCENE THREE
INT: Interrogation room
BILLY
I think that really pissed Ruby
off
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
Do you love her?
BILLY
What? Of course I do!
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
Then why did you put your friends
first?
BILLY
(Shouting)
Who are you to lecture me!? Who
are you!? Why am I here!?
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
Tell me about the casino?
BILLY
Is that where you know me from? I
didn’t do anything, why am I
here!?
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
(frustrated)
Just tell me
BILLY
After Ruby kicked us out, Blaine
suggested we hit up the casino,
sounded like a good idea...
4.
SCENE FOUR - FLASHBACK - CASINO
EXT: Casino - Night
Billy and his mates are walking towards the casino, as
they approach the entrance 3 of them quickly drink up and
drop their beer cans on the floor, Billy however drinks up
and places his can in the bin, subtly so that they don’t
notice.
Montage of poker scene - buy in - clock - losing a lot of
chips.
Billy loses most of his money to the poker game, he stands
up and goes to the bar, he then meets Blaine and Geoff
BLAINE
Unlucky mate, how much did you
lose?
BILLY
(Angry)
Everything, Even mine and ruby’s
savings
GEOFF
Dude
The barmaid passes over 2 shots to Geoff
GEOFF
1 more please love
Geoff passes Billy one of the shots
GEOFF
You look like you could use one
of these
They all down their shots and slam them on the bar
BLAINE
Mate, don’t worry about it,
that’s what your overdraft is
for. Now let’s just go out and
get well and truley wellied.
GEOFF
(To the barmaid)
3 more battery chargers please!
They all take their shots and clunk them together
5.
SCENE FIVE
INT: Interrogation room
Billy is starting to look a bit rough, his hair is
slightly messy, his eyes look tired and there’s a spill on
his shirt.
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
(Frustrated)
How could you just throw away
that much money, especially when
half of it was hers!?
BILLY
I made a mistake
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
Seems like you made a lot of
mistakes that night
BILLY
What do you mean?
Silence
Billy tries to free himself again. He’s suddenly
electricuted through the cables tieing him down, The light
flickers and he lets out a scream.
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
So you want to be a free man, do
you?
BILLY
You’re keeping me here against my
will. what do you think?
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
What happened after you left the
casino?
BILLY
we just went to a club
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
then what?
BILLY
I don’t remember
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
(getting angry)
Yes you do!
(CONTINUED)
CONTINUED: 6.
BILLY
No, I don’t
Billy get’s electricuted
He let’s out another scream
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
tell me the truth
BILLY
I’ve told you, I don’t remember
He get’s electricuted again
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
You really don’t remember that
girl in the purple dress?
BILLY
Purple dress?
He thinks for a moment before remembering what happened
SCENE SIX - FLASHBACK - CLUB
Fast montage of the group drinking, dancing and getting
with girls. & bum squeezing
EXT: Outside Club
Billy has some girl against a wall, they’re kissing
passionately.
A man exits the club
MAN
Chloe?
The man call out for his girlfriend
Chloe, the girl Billy is kissing turns to face him
MAN
What the fuck is this!?
The man storms towards Billy
MAN
Get the fuck of my girl!
Billy turns to face the man
The man punches Billy in the face
Cut to black
7.
SCENE SEVEN
INT: Interrogation room
Billy looks even more rough than what he did, his nose is
bleeding.
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
At least got what you deserved
Billy sits in silence, he’s thinking hard
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
You ruined everything, Look at
what you’ve destroyed
Billy sit in silence, full of regret.
MYSTERIOUS MAN V.O.
I fucking hate people like you,
treating people like shit
Voices start building up in Billy’s head getting loaded
and less recognizable until you can’t make out any one
voice.
BILLY
I know!
All voices stop, Billy breaks free from restraint, and
looks for the door. He then gets slapped twice by an
invisible hand.
SCENE EIGHT
EXT: Outside nightclub, morning after
Billy is in the gutter with Ruby stood over him, softly
slapping his face (with the intention of waking him up)
Billy drifts into consciousness and slowly opens his eyes.
BILLY
R-r-uby!!
RUBY
Yer, I’m hear Billy, what have
you got yourself into now!!
BILLY
I’m so sorry for what I’ve put
you through...please don’t leave
me?
(CONTINUED)
CONTINUED: 8.
RUBY
Oh Billy, it will take more than
a night of mistakes to get rid of
me...
Ruby leans in to hug Billy
The camera pulls away from them both as noise of an
ambulance gradually gets loader
No comments:
Post a Comment